I Mixed the Ferric Chloride with the citric acid and poured it into the tray. It was very hairy because it splashed about. I thought it best to put the gloves on and goggles for safety. I put the old metal plate in the tray also to make sure I gave the acid a boost over night. The plate was old and used and it was perfect to get the ferric going. I went to the studio the next morning and could find the plate? Where had it gone. I eventually had to tip the ferric out into another container and there at the bottom of the tray was a tiny bit of shiny metal. The plate was gone! The acid had eaten it. I think its best from now on I wear goggles, shoes and gloves. I will be very very careful when we all drop our plates into the acid next week.
In between teaching printmaking, I work in an art shop. I am also currently studying for my BA in Fine Art and Visual Culture. Time is precious and in between entering shows and looking after a family, I find my Blogging isn't regular. If you do happen to stop by than please make a comment. I would love to hear from you. I enjoy helping people with their printmaking endevours. Look for me on Facebook. Peninsula Printmakers Group and Australian Printmakers Group. All are welcome to join.
Thanks for stopping by!